Praying with Your Friends and for Your Friends

What a privilege it is to pray with a Christian friend. It brings a bond to the friendship that is unique. You become one in purpose and in mind. You enter into the spiritual battle together. You are there to watch each other's back. As the Bible tells us, God loves to hear two or more praying in agreement, and He answers in a special way. I would encourage all of us to have a prayer partner we can pray with often.

Then, there is the privilege of praying for a friend. It is akin to praying with someone, but it is standing in the gap for another. It is interceding for them to the Father when there is a special need. Sometimes, it is not possible for the friend to enter into a concerted time of prayer at that moment because of the circumstances, but we can pray for them. We can ask the Lord to clothe them in His wisdom and carry them by His grace. We should be praying for our friends all of the time, too.

Today, I had the opportunity to do both of these things. It is a great blessing for me, and I pray it is a blessing for my friend. I know it will be a wonderful blessing for you.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 30-31 and Mark 15:1-25.

Popular Posts