Finding Fulfillment in Life

This morning I spoke to the NHA chapel, as I usually do on Thursday mornings. I used Joshua 1:7 as the basis for my devotional for the children. I pointed out that we all have to go through new challenges all of the time. When new things come we need to know what to do to be successful in our lives. This verse is very clear. There are 3 basic things for us, as believers, to do when we face a new challenge like the Israelites did under Joshua. We need to be strong and courageous. If we are timid and afraid, we will miss what God has for us. We must faithfully trust the Lord to guide us and empower us for His will. Then, we must know all of His Word, so we can obey it. We must study it, so we will know it. Finally, we must not depart from His Word to the right or to the left. We must not allow Satan or anyone else to keep us from following God's Word. Then, we will have success. We will find the fulfillment in life that God wants us to have.

I pray if you find yourself frustrated and depressed that you will remember these lessons from this verse. I meet so many people who are paralyzed by fear. They are hampered by lack of knowledge of the Bible, and they fail to do what they know is right. They are either lazy, or they give in to temptation. In any of those cases life can be pretty miserable. However, with the Lord's way, there is great fulfillment and success.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Joshua 4-6 and Luke 1:1-20.

Popular Posts