Praying for our Church Family

One of the most effective things we can do for our church family is to pray for them by name and by need. A long time ago I heard Pastor John Morgan of Sagemont Baptist Church in Houston, Texas say that we should pray retail, not wholesale. That was a funny way of telling us to pray specific prayers, not general prayers. Why is that important? If all we do is pray vague, general prayers, how can we know if God really answers them or not? Also, can we really express our hearts to God in a general prayer? I don't think so. I believe that we need to pour out all that is in our hearts to the Lord, because He looks at the heart, and He wants us to communicate what is important to us.

Tonight, I got a call asking me to pray for one of our church family members. The caller told me who to call, and I did. Then, I got all of the details so I could pray specifically for this fellow believer. I have been lifting her up to the Lord this evening, and I am waiting to see God's answer. Sometimes, He says yes and sometimes no or wait. However, He always answers according to His will and in His timing when His children pray in faith according to His Word. What a blessing to know that we can pray about everything, and God will always do the right thing.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 148-150 ans I Corinthians 15:29-58.

Popular Posts