A Mentoring Relationship

A lot of people are still not comfortable with the term "mentor" or "mentoring." It is not really anything scary or hard. It is not even complicated. It is simply walking with someone through life and being a friend to him or her. In the process you pass along the things you have learned, so they can grow and become all God wants them to be. Hopefully, it will help them avoid the mistakes of life, too.

This evening we ate supper with, Harlan, the young man my son, John, is mentoring. His family came, too. It was great to meet his mother and grandmother, as well as his brothers and neice. We had a great time playing football and eating together. I have been praying for Harlan since John told me of their relationship. Now, I will really be able to pray for him with understanding.

How many children, youth, and adults do you think would profit from mentoring? Who do you know who would get a great blessing from it? Maybe you don't know anyone right now, but you could find someone and become a blessing to them. It is one way to change the world one life at a time.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 137-139 and I Corinthians 13.

Popular Posts