Practicing The Presence of God

I had a big treat today. I was able to worship with my son leading the worship, and I heard a good message on prayer. The speaker referred to prayer as practicing the presence of God. That is a great way to think about it. It is not asking God for stuff. It is spending time in His presence and enjoying a conversation with Him. It is one of the most vital things we do each day.

However, the point of the message and the service was that we must pray to fulfill the mission of Christ for our lives. How else will we have His power? How else will we know His will? How else will we be able to discern His direction for us in His kingdom service? It is very true that without prayer we are of no real use in the mission of Christ.

Then, after the message we sang even more than before, because we were trying to practice the presence of God in our praises of Him. We should do that often, too. He is so wonderful, and He deserves all of our praise.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 135-136 and I Corinthians 12.

Popular Posts