Holidays and Vacations

Chris and I had a great time visiting John and Gao Foua over the Labor Day weekend. I believe that is the first time that we have ever gone anywhere over that holiday weekend, since we are usually in church on Sunday. It afforded us extra time to spend with John and Gao Foua, since they have a busy schedule like we do with their work and their church ministries.

I know that you have probably found what I have found over the years. Holidays and vacations are nice, but they have a way of changing your schedule that can make things even busier, instead of getting the rest you need. In general, I end up doing more before I leave to get everything ready, and then, I have more to do when I get back to catch up. Many times I still have to do some work while I am gone, too. Don't get me wrong, I like holidays and vacations. They are great, and I get some rest. It is a wonderful time for relationship building, too. My point is that it is impossible to do that without a lot of extra effort. That is why we often say that we have to come home to rest.

I find that God speaks to me in a special way as I am away from the normal routine, and I have my time with Him. He brings up things that I might not have heard Him say, if I was at home. I am not sure why He does it that way, but He does it that way for me. I am thankful for all that He said to me this weekend as well as our time with John, Gao Foua, and their friends. I hope you had a great weekend, too. Last night, I was so focused on getting back into my routine, I forgot to post this blog. However, I did get to bed early, so I was more prepared for Jeff's call at 3 AM to ask us to pray for Lori and Avenly as the delivery was intensifying. We are glad to let everyone know that Avenly Jordan Loomis was born at 4:46 AM Eastern Daylight time. She is a healthy girl at 8 pounds and 1 ounce. She is 20 inches long. Thanks for your prayers for our family all of the time and especially for Lori and Avenly these last few days.

This morning I read Psalms 140-142 and I Corinthians 14:1-20.

Popular Posts