Meditating On Scripture

For several weeks I have been intending to begin intentionally memorizing Scripture and meditating on it in the process. I have done that quite a bit over the years, but lately I have allowed my schedule to crowd it out. However, as I was praying about bearing much Spiritual fruit one morning, the Lord reminded me that much fruit comes from abiding in Him and His Word. He reminded me that memorizing Scripture was a meaningful way to abide. Then, meditating on it only enhances the abiding in my mind and my heart.

This morning I read Galatians 5:16-17, and I knew that I had to start today, so I wrote the verses on a small sheet of paper and carried it with me all day. We went to the BabiesRus Store and then, we went to downtown Nagoya for dinner. It was a fun day with the family. Several times I pulled out that piece of paper. I went over the wording and the meaning. God spoke to my heart about it all day long. I felt it was a rewarding time that kept me focused on the Lord. I plan to keep it up, and I would recommend it to all believers. I pray that we all will have a heart to bear much spiritual fruit for the glory of the Lord.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 3-4 and Galatians 6.

Popular Posts