The End of the World

We hear people talk about the end of the world in different ways. Some speculate about a nuclear Holocaust that would bring the world to an end. Others talk about global warming destroying the world. Of course, I do not think the world will end in those ways. I know God is in control, and He will bring it to an end in line with His will and His Word.

It was interesting for me to watch a program on CNN Asia here in Japan. They had a panel talking about the investment crisis in the USA. The men were asked to give their interpretation of what this meant to the world economy. One man said that it was the end of the US economic system as we know it. That caught my ear, since it does not seem that the USA plays a major role in the world at the end of time. Could we be seeing the beginning of the end? Is America being brought down by greed and lack of integrity in business? I don`t know for sure, but it is possible.

At the same time as I was hearing all of this, I saw commercials about Dubai and other parts of the world that are booming. It makes me wonder what God is doing. One man built a hotel in Dubai that cost 1.5 billion dollars, and he expects to make money. That is amazing to me. It tells me that America is not the center of all economic power any more. It could be the judgment of God, or it could be God bringing our world to an end in His way. We need to be ready every day for Jesus to come and receive us home.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Song of Solomon 1-3 and Galatians 2.

Popular Posts