The Difference One Letter Makes

I have loved the truth of I Peter 5:7 for a long time. However, this morning when I read the verse I realized something I had missed before. The verse says "casting all your care on Him, for He cares for you." I had always thought about this verse as talking about my cares. However, cares are much different from care. That one letter makes a huge difference.

I am sure all of us have a lot of cares. We could name many specific things that cause us concern. When I read this verse, I was thinking about taking each of those concerns and giving them to the Lord. I know I can do that, but I now know that I can take all of my care to Him. I believe that means taking all of my stress and all of my general concern to the Lord and giving it to Him. That is a great relief to me.

I really do not worry very much, but I do have a lot of care and concern over ministry. I care about souls being saved. I care about marriages and families. I care about the physical and financial needs of people as well as their emotional and spiritual needs. That is a lot of care to carry around. It causes me to be tired because of the burden of these things on my heart. Now I know I can take that burden of care and cast it on the Lord, because He cares for me, and He cares for those other people. I know I am responsible, but I can`t meet those needs by myself. I need to cast them on the Lord, so He can meet them perfectly. I can still be a part of the solution, but I don`t have to carry the burden all of the time.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 5-6 and Ephesians 1.

Popular Posts