The Effects of Sin on a Nation

It is a different experience for me to get to watch CNN, because Chris and I have never had Cable or Satellite TV. While we are visiting Lori and Jeff that is one of the main stations, except for the Cartoons for Kade. With all of this talk about the financial crisis in the USA it is hard for me not to think about the cause of all of this. It is sin, pure and simple. It is amazing what greed will do to a person, a company, or to a country. That is why God commanded us not to covet.

What is the solution to our crisis? Is it a bail-out? I am not an economist at all, but I think the solution is diligent honest productive working people. The solution is for our country to get back to Biblical values. If we would take care of ourselves and not expect the government to take care of us, it would sure help. Yes, there are people who need help, but that is what the church should do. If all of the Christians gave their tithes and were generous in their other giving, there would be plenty of money to help many people. Now that I think about it, the situation in the church is often caused by greed, too.

Therefore, I don`t think anything short of real revival and an awakening for America will pull us out of all of this. What do you think it will take for that to happen?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 1-2 and Galatians 5.

Popular Posts