Feeding My Mind

I had a busy day for my day off. It was good to get a lot of things done, but it was a bit tiring, too. We ate supper out tonight with my parents and Chris's mom. It was very nice to relax and visit with our parents.

At one point in the meal when Chris and her mother had come back from the salad bar, a nice lady behind us asked us if we always ate that healthy. Chris jokingly told her yes, but the lady did not seem to believe her. I guess she was wondering why anyone would go out to eat, and then, only eat healthy foods. That is foreign to most folks.

After that I got to thinking about my Bible reading this morning when I read Psalm 1. You know what the Lord said there. He told us to meditate on His Word day and night. What does that mean? It means to feed your mind healthy food all of the time. We must not fill our minds with junk food from sinners and sinful thoughts. We must feed our minds with God's health food, so we will have healthy minds. That is the road to a wonderful life. Read what it says in the rest of the psalm, if you don't already know. It is amazing what God promises to those who feed their minds well.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 4-6 and Acts 17:16-34.

Popular Posts