Delighting in the Sabbath

A couple of weeks ago Richard Turner came to our Wednesday evening Bible Study and Prayer time with two verses for us to talk about, Isaiah 58:13-14. He said that these verses reminded him of Psalm 37:4, "Delight yourself also in the Lord, and He shall give you the desires of your heart." That is one of my favorite verses, so I was interested in studying the two verses from Isaiah even more.

I hope you will read them for yourself. There is no doubt what the Lord is saying, though. He desires for us to delight in the Sabbath day, the Day of the Lord. He longs for us to want to do His works on that day, instead of our own. Then, He tells us that when we do that, He knows that we delight in Him, and He will bless us. I did not remember reading these verses, but I had read them many times. This time they struck right to my heart. I had to ask myself the question, "Do I delight in the Sabbath?" I believe I do. I can honestly say that I love Sundays. I love worshiping the Lord, and I love resting like the Bible tells us to do. It is a delightful day for me as I focus on the Lord. I pray that we all can affirm that, so God can bless us.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Job 34-35 and Acts 15:1-21.

Popular Posts