An Extra Day

Yesterday was an extra day, in a sense. It was our leap year day to even up the calendar in out trip around the sun. February 29 only happens every four years, so it was an extra day for us to enjoy in 2008. For me it was a catch up day. I had to catch up on some reading and studying. I had to catch up on some resting. I got one big chore done with the help of Lee McMichen, and I had a good visit with him in the process. It was a good day off.

Right after supper we heard the phone ring on the computer telling us that Lori, Jeff, and Kade were ready for our weekly visit, so Chris and I spent an hour seeing them and talking to them over the Internet. It is a wonderful technological achievement to be able to visit with people around the world for free. We had a great conversation, and then, Chris and I got engrossed in a movie until bed time. I enjoyed spending some time with her, too.

The only thing that was missing was my blog. I completely forgot it. I wasn't lazy, but it slipped my mind. At first, I felt very badly, because I hate to forget anything. Then, I realized that my brain needed a day off, too. The Lord impressed upon me a truth that He had taught me before, but I have to keep on learning it over and over. Less is more. It seems like a contradiction, but we can actually get more done when we do less, and we can do it better. I must begin to live by that truth more. I don't want to have to tell the Lord that I forgot something when I stand before Him. I especially don't want to have to admit that I was too busy to do His will, either. However, I am afraid that has happened many times in my life. I pray that we will all be good stewards of every minute of every day, and redeem the time for Jesus. (Ephesians 5:16)

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 26-27 and Mark 8:1-21.

Popular Posts