No Time to Think

It is very difficult to be busy all of the time. Sometimes, I long to just sit and do nothing for a while. I don't want to waste time, but I just want to rest my brain. It is hard to think about things thoroughly when I have too many things to think about. I believe that I am almost to the point of one pastor I heard about years ago. Dr. Howard Hendricks received a call from one of his former students asking him to come for a visit, so he could tell him what was missing in his life. Once he spent some time observing, he was able to tell him the problem. He told him that he was behind on his "think time." We all need time to think about things in general without having to think about one thing after another. We need to have time to evaluate and to consider the big picture. That is what I am missing right now, because of how busy things have been. I know God will see me through, and I am doing fine. However, I do not want to have anything cause me not to do God's perfect will for my life. If "think time" is what I need, then, I want to make it happen for God's glory and the building of His kingdom.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 17-19 and Mark 6:30-56.

Popular Posts