My Soul Thirsts for You

How much do you seek the Lord and His will for your life? Do you earnestly seek Him, or is it a luke-warm seeking? David knew that seeking God without a passion to make contact with Him was not fruitful. He sees our hearts when we seek Him. He knows how serious we are about meeting with Him and hearing from Him. That is why David sought Him earnestly every day in his time with the Lord. (Psalm 63:1) We would do well to do the same and to hear how David described his thirst for God.

I have never personally been in a desert place without water, so that I began to thirst for water so much that my flesh was fainting out of thirst. However, I have been thirsty enough in my life to relate to what David says here. I have been so dry that my tongue stuck to the roof of my mouth and only a white foam replaced my saliva. It was at those times that I sought a drink of cool water with earnestness. I knew that I had to have it before my body lost any more strength. That is how we all should be seeking for the Lord every day. We live in a dry and weary land. There is no water for our lives that comes from this world. Our sustenance comes only from the Lord. He gives us our strength, and without Him we have none.  That is how we need to approach our time with Him each morning. It is a situation that if He does not quench our thirst for Him and empower us, we will faint. I pray that we all will have this passion for the Lord every day of our lives.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 65-68.

Popular Posts