Patterns to Follow

I remember that my mother would sew when I was young. When she would make a dress for my sister or for herself, she would buy a pattern. It was very thin pieces of paper in a small package. They were the size and shape of the dress pieces, so she could use them to cut the material before she sewed it together. I can't imagine making a dress or anything like that without a pattern. The same is true for the Christian life. We need patterns to go by. Our patterns are people, like the apostle Paul and other mature believers, who have walked in the Spirit and grown strong in the Lord. (Philippians 3:17) I pray that you have some good patterns to follow in your life.

This is really why God established the church. The church is people. The people are all different ages, and they are at different levels of spiritual maturity. As a younger believer, either in age or in spiritual maturity, we need to note the men and ladies who are godly believers and follow their example. In fact, we need to have a close relationship with one or two of them, so we can confide in them, and seek their counsel for our lives. This is one reason why RELATIONSHIPS MATTER. We all need good patterns for life, instead the wrong patterns we see all around us in the world.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Philippians 4 and Colossians 1-2.

Popular Posts