Vacation with the Whole Family

We did something this past week that we don't get to do very often because of how our family is so spread out geographically. We had a week-long vacation together. Some of them did not get to spend the whole week, but we enjoyed every minute of having them together. Each of them is a great blessing to Chris and I.

The most marvelous thing about this time together was the sense of love and unity because of the Christian foundation in our lives. The weather was not very conducive to being out in nature, so we were inside together more than we thought we would be. Also, with three small children we had to make a lot of stops for feeding and diaper changes. Through it all, there was no complaining or ill feelings. It was a great testimony to their desire to walk with the Lord all of the time.

I got to sit in the back seat with Jacob to keep him company. I was able to race Kade on many occasions to get his energy out. I was privileged to hold Avenly as we saw the sights in various places. It was great to visit with John and Gao Foua, as well as Lori, Jeff, and Dixie. My parents even joined us for a few days. What a joy to have the whole family together. I truly believe that God intends for family to be a little bit of Heaven on Earth, and that is what we had this week.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 50-52 and I Thessalonians 5.

Popular Posts