Smitten

The book of Esther is a very different Bible book. It does not contain the word "God." However, it is an amazing account of how God delivered the Jewish people from extinction in the Persian empire. The way the Lord worked that out was to have the king fall in love with a young lady, who was a Jew, even though he did not know that at the time. The king was "smitten" with Esther as he was searching for a new queen. Then, because of his great love for her, he made her the new queen. (Esther 2:17) This is a great example for all of us about how God can take a very unusual situation and work it out for good. I hope it is a great encouragement for all of us, as believers.

God can and does work in very mysterious ways. He is able to work in the hearts of people to bring people together for His purposes or to put the right person in the right place at the right time for His will to be done. Isn't it amazing that the book of Esther begins with the king demeaning his wife and being derogatory toward women, but it ends up with him listening to his wife and a woman saving God's people. God causes those types of things to happen all of the time without forcing anyone to do anything. He just knows us all so well, He can lead us by circumstances and our feelings. Then, we can end up doing His will. That happened to me, when I was "smitten" by Chris Bennett on December 30, 1972 at her surprise birthday party. God answered my prayer by sending me the perfect wife for me and the perfect mother for our children. It happened in a very unlikely way, but I am so thankful God had a wonderful plan for Chris and I. She has been a great blessing to me and our family, as well as, many people in our churches over the years. Thank you Lord for working in a very unexpected but fantastic way to do Your will.
#NHBaptistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Esther 3-5.

Popular Posts