My Salvation, My Strength, My Song

I believe there are three things that all of us need. In fact, we need them desperately. If we try to live without these three things, we will find life meaningless, painful, and almost unbearable without constant distractions from our hopeless condition. I know that seems hard to believe, but I do not think I am overstating my case. Isaiah had these three things, and he shared them with us, as well as, showing us where to find them. (Isaiah 12:2) Let's see the truths he left for us in God's Word.

God is our salvation. We all need salvation, whether we know it or not. Sin causes us conflict in our hearts. It separates us from God. We cannot ever feel whole and complete without a relationship with the Lord. Therefore, our most basic need is to have salvation from our sins and to be clean before the Lord. The only way for this to happen is by grace through faith. We can't earn it, and we do not deserve it. However, God will give it to us freely once we trust Jesus Christ as our Lord and Savior. That is why Isaiah could say that he trusted God, and then, he was not afraid. Once we know Christ, there is no fear for our eternal state. Then, we need His strength to live from day to day, which we have through our walk with Him. Life can never defeat us. Satan is no match for the power of God. Finally, we have His song in our heart. We have His joy. It makes all of life an awesome experience, since our song does not depend on our circumstances. See what I mean? When we have salvation, strength, and a song, we have real life, as only God can give us through knowing Him.
#NHBpatistdotorg

Tomorrow, I intend to read Isaiah 14-16.

Popular Posts