Who Am I Lord?

Have you ever taken time to sit down and consider how far the Lord has brought you and your family? It is a very sobering time for me. I can really relate to how David felt when Nathan, the prophet, came to him with God's promise to make a covenant with David's house to always have one of his descendants on the throne of Israel, as long as they remained faithful. David was blown away, as he thought about being taken from being a shepherd to being the king of God's people. (I Chronicles 17:16) I think we all need to take time to do this and to express our gratitude to God for what He has done.

My life has been such a blessing from the beginning to this point. I was born into a loving family with a father and mother who taught me and provided for me in an abundant way. My sister was a great blessing, too. I went to great schools and enjoyed baseball and other sports with my friends. Our family went to a good, Bible-believing church, where I was saved at 14 and called to preach at 17. Then, I was privileged to go to Baylor and Southwestern Seminary and receive a quality Christian preparation for being a pastor. I have the greatest wife in the world, who has always loved me and been a great pastor's wife. My children grew up to love the Lord and to serve him, along with their families. I have been honored to pastor 5 churches, each of which has blessed me more than I have deserved. I have many loyal Christian friends all around the world. Now, God continues to provide for me and my family out of His grace and love. What a life! What a blessing from God!

I could go on and on, but I believe all of God's family could do the same, if we stay faithful to Him. He deserves all of our praise and thanks every day, and we should depend on Him more each year that passes by.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Chronicles 21-24.

Popular Posts