Aaron's Reminder

Aaron was appointed by God as the High Priest for the Israelites. His sons were the priests. He and his sons were to wear holy garments when they entered the Tabernacle. These clothes were made according to God's design. One part of Aaron's garment was a breastplate. It was used with the Urim and Thummim to make decisions about God's people. God commanded Aaron to have 12 precious stones engraved with the names of the sons of Israel attached to the breastplate. These were a reminder for Aaron in all that he did in the sanctuary that he was doing it for God's people. (Exodus 28:29) I believe God knew that he needed a reminder, and so do we.

We must never forget the priorities that God has set before us. As mothers and fathers, we are responsible for our children. As husbands and wives, we are to always put our spouse first in our love and our decisions. As a pastor, I am always to be remembering that I am the overseer of the people of God in our church family. We must be sure to make reminders for ourselves, so we never forget to focus on the most important things. That is why I have a prayer list that I use every morning. I pray for each one of my family members by name each day. I also pray for extended family on a weekly basis. Then, I pray for the members of our church family each week, dividing them into five groups, Monday through Friday. In this way I have reminders of what is important, and like Aaron, what should be on my heart all of the time. I would encourage each of us to use reminders to help us, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Exodus 29-32.

Popular Posts