The God Who Answers

I know there are people who say that God does not answer prayer. That has not been my experience, at all. I believe they have failed to receive answers either because they do not really believe in Him or they are praying for the wrong thing. However, when we cry out to Him in faith, I believe He always answers us according to His will. That was Jacob's experience, and that is why he went back to Bethel when God called him to do so. (Genesis 35:3) Bethel was the site of his earnest prayer for God's protection and blessing. God answered that prayer, so he returned to that place to worship God with a heart of thankfulness. I believe we all would benefit from doing that from time to time.

Even if we do not physically return to the place where we experienced God in a special way, we can remember what He has done, and be thankful. Henry Blackaby calls those times "spiritual markers." When we take time to review our spiritual markers, it not only shows us what God has brought us through, but it gives us a strong picture of where He is leading us in the future. I also believe that reviewing those times in our lives and the answered prayers leads us to have a great amount of gratitude to God for all of His grace and mercy in our lives.

I hope each of us will consider returning to Bethel, so to speak. Take time to go back to remember the blessings of God and spend time worshiping the God who deserves all of our praise and thanksgiving.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Genesis 38-40.

Popular Posts