The Benefits of the Lord

Do not forget the benefits of the Lord. Rejoice in them, and recount them often. That is what the psalmist does in Psalm 103, and we need to do the same thing. It is Friday. I urge each of us to set aside some time to meditate on the benefits of the Lord.

Even if you do not know the Lord Jesus in a personal way, God has blessed you in many ways. You have seen benefits from the Lord. We all have. Me is merciful and gracious. To those of us who know Him as our personal Lord and Savior, our benefits are abundant.

God has forgiven my sins and prepared a place for me in heaven. He has healed me from cancer. He has blessed me with a wonderful wife and family. My friends are such a blessing from God. He has provided for my needs and more. He has given me His peace, joy, and love. I am sure He has done so much for you, too. Let's thank Him for all of His benefits today. It will do us good.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 106-109.

Popular Posts