The Lord Goes Before You

God told the Israelites not to be afraid of the people of the land, because He would go before them. He would fight for them, as He fought against the Egyptians to set them free from bondage. He would carry them, as He did in the wilderness.(Deuteronomy 1:29-31) What a comfort that should have been to them! What a comfort it should be to us, as believers, today!

God goes before us. Nothing takes Him by surprise. We never encounter anyone or anything that He hasn't already seen and prepared for. As long as we lean on Him, we will be ready for whatever comes. No wonder He tells us not to be terrified or afraid.

God will fight for us. He is All-Powerful. He knows every enemy completely. There is no defeating Him. Therefore, we should not ever faint or stop believing in what He tells us to do. We should move forward when He says, "Go," with a confidence in Him, not ourselves.

God will carry us, when we can't take care of ourselves. He carries us like a father carries his son. I have carried my son many times, and I assure you I was constantly taking his well being into account. If necessary, I would have given up myself for Him. God is much more compassionate and capable than I am. When He carries me, I can relax in His strength.

Let's run to do God's will. Let's not shrink back like the spies did when they entered Canaan. Let us be faithful, and God will take care of the rest.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 3-5.

Popular Posts