Keeping Our Promises

It is very important for us to say what we mean and to mean what we say. God expects us to fulfill every vow we make to Him and to other people.(Numbers 30:2) Once we say that we will do something, we must follow through completely. God takes our words seriously. It is a sin to break our word, and we will be judged for every word we have spoken.

Some people act like words are cheap. They throw around all types of vows, but they do not carry them out. They are quick to speak, but not diligent to back up the words with actions. This is serious, because people do not know if they can believe a person like that. God wants us to base our lives on the truth. In order to do that, we must speak truth and live the truth.

I can think of several vows I have made to God over the years that I did not fulfill. I have had to confess those sins, and I have become much more thoughtful before I make those types of vows. I hope we can all say only what we intend to do and then be faithful to do it.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 32-35.

Popular Posts