God's Will, not My Will

Moses was a very humble man who was chosen by God to do great works for Him. He did not do His own will. He did God's will.(Numbers 16:28) However, there was a large group of the leaders of the people of God who thought Moses was taking too much authority for himself, so they rebelled. They wanted to do what Moses did. They misunderstood what Moses was doing. He was simply following God's will and doing what He told Him to do. He was not doing it on his own. This should be a lesson for all of us.

The main thing we should all strive for is obedience to God. This is not just for leaders in the church. It is for every believer. We are not here to do our own will, but to obey His will. Therefore, we do not deserve the credit for what we do, or criticism, either. People should be angry with God, since He is the one who sent us to do what we do. As believers, we should follow those who have an obvious direction or call from God to do something, and we should stay away from those who are acting on their own.

God sends some out to be preachers and missionaries. He sends others out to be firefighters and salespersons who serve Him with all their hearts. The preacher is not more important than the teenage believer who is still in High School. They just have been sent to do different things. Each of them will have a great impact on the kingdom by being obedient to God and by working together in unity, instead of being envious of one another. Remember, we are God's family.

It is such a joy for me to be the pastor of our North Henry Family. Thanks for loving me and supporting me, as I do what God sent me to do. I promise not to do my own will, but to be faithful to do what He tells me to do. What a privilege to serve the Lord with each of you.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Numbers 19-21.

Popular Posts