A Loyal Heart

I have always admired people who are loyal, and I have tried to be a loyal person in my life. There were some things to which I have been loyal that were not the best choice on my part. However, I have found that it is always a blessing to be loyal to God.(II Chronicles 16:9)

God values a heart that is loyal to Him so much that He searches the whole world continuously for that type of person. Then, once He finds this loyal heart, He shows Himself strong to that person. In other words, He gives the loyal person the strength to do whatever he or she has to do. Loyalty to God has a definite advantage.

King Asa ceased being loyal to God. He allowed himself to trust in other people, instead of God. Therefore, God did not give him the strength to defeat his enemies and to live his life. This made Asa angry, but it was a result of his heart not being loyal to God. You might have experienced these same types of things, and you may be angry toward God. It is not His fault. He is watching to see if you will have a loyal heart towards Him. If you do, He will come to you with strength. If not, you are on your own.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 17-20.

Popular Posts