Courageous

Chris and I went with a group of about 60 people from our church to see the movie, Courageous, this afternoon. It was excellent! I would recommend it to everyone, whether they are believers or not. The facts in the movie about the importance of fathers speak for themselves. Our society in the US is crumbling, and a lot of the cause is the lack of principled male leadership in our families.

It is a shame when we can't explain about the Fatherhood of God today, because so many people had fathers who were absent or the wrong example of what a father should be. Every child needs a father or a mentor, who will be that godly example to them. I hope all of us Christian men will do our part to see this happen.

I know I signed up for two things this week, and in both cases I wondered how I would be able to do them time-wise. First, I was asked to coach the Middle School boys basketball team for our academy in this, our first year to have a team. Next, I re-enlisted as a mentor at the local elementary school. In both instances I felt that the needs were so worthy that God would help me work out the time. How about you, men? What does God want you to do?

Tomorrow, I intend to read Nahum 2-3 and Habakkuk 1.

Popular Posts