Slow Me Down, Lord.

Many years ago I was given a key chain that has a gold medal sign hanging from it that says, "Slow Me Down, Lord." I believe the original intent was to remind me to drive more slowly. I am not sure how long it took, but several years ago I listened to the Lord, and now I drive strictly by the law of the land which is ordained by God. It was a miracle, but I continue forsaking the fleshly desire to go fast to this day.

Now, I need to heed this sign in another way. I need to slow down each day to clear my mind of my list of tasks and ask the Lord to help my forsake the urgent for the very important things in life. It is so easy for me to simply go from one task to the next, as they present themselves, not asking the Lord, if I should do that or something else. Then, at the end of the day, I have to admit to God that I missed out on some of the important things that day.

I don't miss my "unhurried time" in the mornings. It is a fixture. However, once I get on with the rest of my day, I get into a higher gear and I speed by some priorities. The Lord really dealt with me about this today, like He did the driving years ago. I am going to slow down. I am going to force myself to plan for what is important, instead of giving into the urgent or the ordinary things of life. I should have done it a long time ago. However, there is no time like the present.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 40-42.

Popular Posts