My Day On

Friday is my day off, since I am kind of busy on Sunday. Most of the time Dixie works on Friday, so I get to spend a lot of time with Jacob while Chris goes shopping. That is what makes Friday my "day on." I get to be "Pop Pop" with Jacob, and we get to do all kinds of fun stuff.

This morning Stacy brought him over while I was running. Then, after my shower we got to ride in "Pop Pop's Truck." We mailed a letter and went to the store. Then, we played with his cars in the floor. I fed Him lunch which turned out to be be pretty messy. Then, I put him down for a nap. He played quietly and finally went to sleep. I was able to read and rest a bit myself before taking my dog to the vet.

After eating supper, I gave Jacob a bath, and took him to his house in my truck. We looked at lights, cars, and trucks all the way. I headed home to have our weekly Skype visit with the Loomis's, so I could say hello to the other two grand-kids. What a life!

I love being a pastor, but I learned a while back that family comes after my relationship with the Lord and before my responsibilities as a pastor. If I won the world and lost my family, I would have a sad time at the Judgment Seat of Christ. As I backed out of Dixie and Stacy's driveway, I said a little pray of thanksgiving. All of my children know the Lord, and they are married to a spouse who loves the Lord. They are raising their children to love the Lord. That is a fantastic blessing for anyone. I thank God for His mercy and His grace to me and to my family.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Daniel 2-5.

Popular Posts