Prayer Running

I started something new this morning. I went "Prayer Running." I guess it might be better to call it "Prayer Jogging," but it makes this old man feel better to call it running. It was great! It is a version of "Prayer Walking," which has been defined as "praying on-site with insight." This way I just move a little faster.

It all started on Wednesday morning during my regular run. I was wearing my earphones and listening to my music, but my heart was burdened. I had not been able to do everything I wanted to do since I returned from my sabbatical. I really wanted to do some prayer walking and get to speak to some people about the Lord. I started praying that God would show me what to do. I told Him that I would be willing to stop running, if it was taking time from what He wanted me to do. In fact, I stopped after 2 miles, and I walked home, as we had our conversation. I kept praying about it through the day yesterday, and I felt the Lord wanted me to run this morning. However, as the time drew near, I knew he wanted me to leave off the ear phones and music, so I could pray for my neighbors, and pray for a way to reach our area for Christ. It was a very meaningful time. I heard the Lord speak to me in several different ways about what to do to reach folks for Christ. I would commend it to any of you who are runners.

It shows that there are many ways to be "redeeming the time" in these evil days. Maybe you feel led to prayer walk your neighborhood, as you walk. Then, as you see folks, you can build a rapport, so you can share the Good News of Jesus with them. What if someone was doing that in every area of our country? We could see a real revival and awakening break out.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezekiel 4-7.

Popular Posts