Guess Where We Were Today?

I sat listening to the rooster crow and watching the chickens in their cages. Then, a half-grown dog came and took a seat next to me, until he saw some scraps of food inside the door across from us. We were sitting on an uneven surface of dirt and conrete that had numerous cracks in it. There was a large tree to my left and a blue tarp hung over our heads. Three times, we had motor scooters go through our seats. People would come and go, babies would cry, and cats ran through the seats as well. Where do you suppose we were today?

We were in the presence of God. We were worshiping the Lord and sharing the Good News with a group of people created in His image. We were in the street in a barrio. Pastor Maximo was preaching. We were praising God using the only two instruments at our disposal, our hands and our voices. It was better than being in the fanciest church building in the world, because we were right with the people, right where they live. We took the gospel to them, just as Jesus told us to do, and I believe He was smiling all the while. I know I was happy to be able to be His witness in that place. What a privilege!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 140-143.

Popular Posts