Being At Home

I am back at home after our week-long mission trip to the Dominican Republic. It is so good to be home with Chris. It is going to feel nice to sleep in my own bed. It is just great to be back home. I know we all know that feeling.

I was at home all week, staying with Doug and Dana Roberts and their sons, Jason and Christopher. Isn't it wonderful to have good friends with whom you feel at home? They are such sincere, loving people that it is always a joy to be with them, and to minister with them. I look forward to the next time we will get to be at home with the Roberts.

Also, the Lord showed me that the felling of being at home is universal. The folks in the barrios in the Dominican Republic, the people in Haiti, folks in all kinds of countries all around the world, know what it feels like to be at home. It is the feeling of being loved and in a place that is unique to you. It is that comfortable feeling.

Just think of the Ultimate Home. Think of what it will be like to be in Heaven with Jesus and all of the saints who have gone before us. Can you feel the warmth and the comfort of being in His presence in the most fantastic place in the universe? I love being home, but I know that Home is going to be far beyond anything I will ever experience here.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 144-147.

Popular Posts