Exhorting The Saints

This morning it was my privilege to preach in our sister church in Santo Domingo, Iglesia Bautista Sola Escritura. It was a wonderful sight. The church was full for Sunday School. All of the rooms we helped to build about 10 years ago had classes for all ages. Instead of the pastor teaching everyone like it was when we first came, there was a good teacher for every age group. Then, the sanctuary was filled, and the people were able to sit on the new chairs they were able to buy. The music was wonderful. It was contemporary praise and worship with a full worship team, including violins, a projector and screen for the words, and a good freedom in their worship. Ten years ago it was a piano and a few hymnals. What a blessing to see what God has done.

However, when the time came for the message I had to challenge them from Acts 8 and the account of Phillip. I exhorted them not to get comfortable and enjoy worship, fellowship, and Bible study so much that they forgot to evangelize those who need Christ. I encouraged them to not let the lack of building spoace stop them from growing. They must let the Lord lead them, even in ways that are unusual, so that they can have more classes and more people. I suggested two worship services and classes at various times and places, even under a tent if necessary. It is vital that we never forget that our main mission is to reach souls for Christ.

I must confess that I long for the day we will need to think the same way at North Henry because all of our rooms are filled and our worship center is full. I would love to have two services and start more churches in other communities. I preached to my friends this morning, but I was also preaching to me and to my church family. We must never allow ourselves to be complacent.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 128-130.

Popular Posts