God's Providence

When a baby is born, there is hope. Hope for a wonderful life of joy and peace. Our daughter, Dixie, was born in Waco, Texas at Hillcrest Baptist hospital. I made a terrible mistake that night. I left the hospital to preach a revival service. Chris was left alone for a while, and the doctor came in to tell her that Dixie had a pretty serious heart condition. I should have been there, but I am not sure the doctor should have told that to a new mother, who was alone in her room. Chris told me when I got back, and we cried together, and we prayed. I spent more time that night crying out to God for my new little daughter. God answered our prayers. Our regular pediatrician checked her the next week, and he told us she had no such problem. Praise the Lord!

Since then, Chris and I have prayed for her almost every day. We have lifted her up for many reasons. God has been faithful, even when we had to wait for His answer. I like the line in the Wayne Watson song, "You pray to keep from worrying, and you worry you aren't praying enough." I have felt that way many times with Dixie, Lori, and John. However, God has never failed to provide in His time and in His way.

This time He has provided a strong Christian husband for Dixie and a godly father for little Jacob. The wedding Dixie put together was a great blessing because her emphasis was on God's power and provision. John's song was perfect, because we were looking at two people who were redeemed by the blood of the Lamb, and they are changed people in Jesus Christ. Now, we have a new family unit that will earnestly pray and seek to do God's will. What a blessing!

It has been a busy three months, since they set the date and began their preparations for the wedding. We have all worked hard and slept less. The truth is that I would have had it no other way. I am so glad to see my little girl glow with joy. She loves Jesus with all her heart, and now, she has someone to walk beside her who loves Jesus just the same way. Can there be a better life? Surely, a match made in heaven makes for a little heaven on earth. God is so good!

Tomorrow, I intend to read Nehemiah 6-8.

Popular Posts