God's Abundant Provision

This morning our men studied the end of Luke 18. The theme of having a childlike faith continued in this passage. However, I just want to praise the Lord for the truth presented in Luke 18:29-30 where Jesus tells Peter and the rest of His disciples, "Assuredly, I say to you, there is no one who has left house or parents or brothers or wife or children for the sake of the kingdom of God, who shall not receive many times more in this present time and in the age to come eternal life." Praise God for His abundant provision for all those who trust Him and follow Him, no matter what the cost.

I could give you so many stories in my life which show this truth in action. Time and time again God has led us, and as He has led us, He has provided more than we needed. His grace is sufficient, but also, His abundant provision is more than sufficient for us. Looking back, I can't believe all that God has done for us, beginning with a $65 a month fully furnished apartment in Waco Texas in 1974. I was making the big bucks and going to Baylor. I made $45 a week, and Chris did not work for the first year. We had some money given to us by her grandmother to tide us over that first year, but we lived on less than $10,000, and we had more than enough. That has been true every year since then, as well.

Remember, you can't out give God. Just trust Him, follow Him wherever He leads you, and see how He supplies more than enough.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 35-36 and Ezra 1.

Popular Posts