Kingdom Praying

How much do you pray for God to expand His kingdom around the world? We might call it praying for missions and missionaries. God commands us to pray for workers to be sent into the harvest. He also desires for us to pray for His kingdom to come to this world and His will to be done here as it is in Heaven. I believe that means praying for the peoples of the world and the missionaries that are called to reach those people groups.

Of course, we can't pray specifically for every country and every missionary every day. However, we can pray for selected countries, as God leads us, and for specific missionaries and people groups. Also, we can pray for our SBC missionaries on their birthdays by using one of the lists provided by the mission board. Thursday is my day to pray for missions.

I pray for the Japanese people to come to Christ. I pray for great church planting movements to sweep the country. I pray for the missionaries I know there by name. I pray for God to help them win many people to Christ, to fill them with His Spirit, to protect them and their families, and to give them favor with the people around them, and the government. I ask God to draw them to see Jesus clearly, so they can accept Him and be saved.

Then, I pray a similar prayer for the Dominican Republic and the missionaries I know there, for West Africa, the Wala people, and the missionaries I know there. Also, I pray for Haiti each week and the missionaries I know there.

Then, I proceed to pray for missions in the USA, as well as local missions in our area. It is a great blessing to be able to take part in what God is doing around the world. If you would like to get plugged in to praying for missions and missionaries, you can go to www.imb.org and go to the link for email subscriptions in the lower left corner of the home page. It will direct you to several prayer resources that will be very helpful.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Deuteronomy 28-31.
February 24 – Ephesians 3:14-20
Use this Scriptural prayer to pray for yourself, your family members, and special Christian friends. Personalize it, as you think of each individual. End your prayers with a time of praise, as Paul does.

Popular Posts