Thankful or Suicidal?

This has been an unusual weekend. I have been thinking about all of God's blessings to me and my family, as we prepare for our Thanksgiving holiday. We had our church Thanksgiving meal and testimony service this evening. We had several people share wonderful testimonies about how God has been so good to them. At the same time I have been contacted about 2 suicidal people, who need the hope and comfort of the Lord. Why does such a radical difference exist between these two groups of people? Why are some thankful and some suicidal?

I am sure there are many reasons, and I am not smart enough to know exactly what is going on with everyone. However, I feel there is a common denominator among thankful people and another common denominator among suicidal people. It seems to me that when we realize God is the Creator and Sustainer of the universe, who loves us and provides for us, we are led to be thankful. When we think we have to make it on our own, and there is no one to help us, we are driven to suicide. The difference is the knowledge of a Personal, Loving God. Some suicidal people know there is a God, but they have bought into Satan's lie. They think they are hated by God, and He is punishing them, so that they can't accomplish what they desire. The truth is that God does not hate them. He has a wonderful plan for their lives. They simply have to acknowledge Him as the Lord of all and accept His plan for their lives, instead of seeking their own. Thankful people have all found His plan to be superior to their plan. They have given in to Him, so He can bless them abundantly.

I pray that you are in the thankful category. I hope all of us who are thankful will pray for the suicidal and reach out to them with the love and truth of Jesus, so they can switch to being thankful.

Tomorrow, I intend to read I Corinthians 9-11.

Popular Posts