Cry Out to God for the Children

A few weeks ago I shared with our church family about a 13 year old young man, who is having serious heart problems. In fact, he needs at heart transplant. After asking everyone to pray for him, he had to have an emergency heart surgery, or he would not have lived a week. He came through the surgery pretty well, but now he needs some intense therapy at the children's' hospital on the north side of Atlanta.

The reason I am asking all of you to pray for him is that he comes from a very horrible family situation, and he is the one suffering from it. His father only works temporary jobs, here and there. His mother has been gone for years. His grandparents won't help, because they have been burned out over the years by the father. They are staying with friends 70 miles from the hospital, but the father won't move into the Ronald McDonald house, so his son can get the therapy. He won't even drive him 20 miles to meet a bus and pick him up in the evenings. This poor young man is suffering from no fault of his own, and he needs help. Please, pray for God to intervene in this situation.

The young man's name is Chris. I thought of him this morning as I read Lamentations 2:19, which implores us to cry out to God for the hungry children. I thought of all the hunger experienced by so many children like Chris. They hunger for love, for health, and for food. I know God cares, so let's lift him up to the Lord and see what God does to touch this young man.

I know Chris because he came to our church fellowship for several months when he was staying with a family in our church. During that time, he trusted Christ as his Lord and Savior, and I had the privilege of baptizing him. I am glad he has Jesus to walk with him through all of this, but I would love to see him live to an old age and be a great testimony to many people.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Lamentations 3-5.

Popular Posts