Vacation Bible School

Our Vacation Bible School 2010 ended tonight with our family night. It is always such a blessing to see how so many volunteers come together to share the love of Jesus with the children. This year was no exception. I want to thank Donna McMichen and Wendy Leslie for directing our VBS. They do such a fantastic job with everything. Their leadership and their heart for the children is outstanding.

Think of the influence VBS was in your life. I know for me it was huge. Pastor Arwood used to teach the older children himself. During the course of the week he would share the gospel and give a time to receive Christ. When I was 9 years old, I went forward to say that I knew I had sinned, and I needed Jesus. I am glad that Bro. Arwood had the wisdom to tell me that I needed to make it public before the whole church. He knew that if I had really trusted Jesus as Lord of my life, I would be willing to let everyone know. That day did not come until I was 14, but it did come because the Holy Spirit kept convicting me of my sins and drawing me to trust Jesus. I am sure He did the same for you, because He does that for everyone. (John 16:8-11) I hope you have come to know Him, if not you can talk with Him about it right now.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 102-105.

Popular Posts