Confirmation from God's Word

I love reading the Bible any time. I get a real charge out of it when God shows me something that confirms what He showed me earlier. It shows how the Word is alive and sharp. That is what God did for me today in my reading.

Yesterday, I wrote about blind Christians. I shared the cause for that blindness out of II Peter 1. Then, this morning I read Psalm 97:11, "Light is sown for the righteous, and gladness for the upright in heart." Isn't that amazing? This verse from the Old Testament is a concise statement of what I said yesterday. When a person pursues righteousness, God sows light into his or her life. The light from the Lord allows them to see the truth or God's activity clearly. Then, it even adds a new element. The same people will have gladness, too. God wants us to walk in His light with gladness in our hearts. I hope that is a description of your life right now.

Also, I urge you to read the Bible for yourself and receive God's confirmation, as I did, and as I often do. It will be a great blessing in your life.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 98-101.

Popular Posts