A Happy Fathers' Day

I was very blessed by God to have a wonderful Fathers' Day this year. It was great to be able to spend it with my father and mother. It was very meaningful to hear from my children and to think about the nice things they had to say about me. It was a blessing to be with Chris and to read her card. I wish I was half as good a father as everyone said I was. I know I tried, but I made a lot of mistakes. God was so good to fill in the blanks left by my mistakes with His grace. He is the Best Father. He is the only One who saw me through.

I think about how much I have learned from the Lord over the years that would have helped me when Chris and I first married and when we had our children. I suppose there are some things that we learn only over time, but it would be so much better if I could go back and do it over again, knowing what I know now. I have heard it said that parenting is done by rookies. We have to learn as we go. I know we prayed and trusted the Lord, and He was always faithful.

Thank you Lord for my wife, my children, and my grandchildren. Please, continue to bless them. I pray that they will see Jesus in me, but mostly, I pray that they would never take their eyes off of You. Thank you Lord for a wonderful, caring father who always did his best to raise me right and to provide all I needed. He was a great example to me.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 86-88.

Popular Posts