Spiritually Competitive

I have grown up with sports all of my life. Mostly, I played baseball and golf, but I have spent my share of time at basketball and football, too. I used to be intensely competitive when it came to sports. This was true if I was playing, watching my favorite team, or watching one of my children play. I am ashamed to say that my competitiveness led me to sin on numerous occasions. I have confessed those sins to God and to others many times. Over the years I have mellowed a lot when it comes to sports competition. In fact, because of God's power, it is no longer a problem. I can be objective now and just enjoy playing or watching. It is great.

However, as the years have passed, I have become more spiritually competitive. I hate for Satan to win a single battle. I know he has lost the war, because of our Lord Jesus' death, burial, and resurrection, but he is still fighting for all he is worth to win as many battles as possible and to destroy as many lives as possible in the process. Lately, he has been winning more than usual, and I can't take it. I must pray more and do more to help rescue those in his sights. I can't do it myself, but the Lord always wins. The longer I live the more I see that our prayers are vital, and our obedience is important in heading him off at the pass. God can and does use us in the lives of others, who are being attacked. I want to make a difference, and I hope you do, too.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Ezra 6-8.

Popular Posts