Rejoicing Over One Lost Sheep

I am very happy to say that the younger lady I told you about yesterday came to worship with our church family this morning. In fact, she came for Connection Group and for Worship. I can't express the joy that is in my heart, because of how the Lord is working there.

Our church is located in the middle of a community where about 80% of the people are unchurched. Most of them do not know Christ. As I told you the direction of the church should be out into this world to seek out those who need the Lord and who need His body, the church. Most non-Christians are scared to death of a church building. They are afraid of the unknown. For this young lady to come and to bring her son was a fantastic victory.

Now, the real test starts. Will we love her and help her draw close to Jesus? Will we expend the time and effort to show real love? If we will, I know we can see victory in her life. However, that is just one of thousands. My heart longs for the day when every church member is befriending a person like this and showing them Christ-like love as they share the Gospel with them. It should be the normal thing for all of us, but it is the rare exception to reality in 2010. May God break our hearts and send us out into the harvest for His glory and the up-building of His kingdom.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 36 and Ezra 1-2.

Popular Posts