God's Presence

I had a good Lord's Day of worship and rest. I pray you did, too. The greatest part of the day were the times I sensed the presence of God. Now, I know He lives in me, and I realize His Spirit is everywhere in the world. However, there are special times when God's presence is so moving that we can't help but weep or sing. That is what I am talking about.

God's presence came upon me this morning as I heard Joe Pigford's testimony of how Jesus revealed His love to him, and Joe became a new man. Then, this evening I was overwhelmed again by the presence of God as 12 Ugandan children sang "He Knows My Name." In each case it was indescribably wonderful. I could not hold back the tears of joy.

Then, I remembered my verse for today. It was Psalm 16:11, which says, "You will show me the path of life; In Your presence is fullness of joy; At Your right hand are pleasures forevermore." God knew what I would experience even before I went to worship, and He brought that verse to me. What a truth! Real joy and real pleasures come from being in His presence. We all need to remember that and have a daily time when we enter His presence and regular times of worship when we can experience Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Psalms 17-19.

Popular Posts