By This We Know Love

This morning we had chapel for our elementary students, as usual. Steve did a great job with the praise and worship, as he usually does, and then, I gave a short message. The verse was I John 3:16a, "By this we know love, because He laid down His life for us."

I gave the students a scenario to explain the love of Jesus. I told them to think about what it would be like to have a serious heart disease that would eventually kill them. Then, someone who loves you very much comes to you and tells you they will die and give you their heart, so you can live. That is what Jesus did for us. Our heart disease was sin, and He died so we could have a new heart and a new life.

How awesome is the love of Jesus. Once we know how much He loves us, we should try to love Him back with all of our life and to let others know how much He loves them.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 25-28.

Popular Posts