Visits to the Funeral Home

I made two visits to funeral homes today to see folks whose fathers had died. There are really no words of comfort that suffice in that situation, but maybe my presence was a comfort. I know God will answer my prayers for these families and for all of the families who lose loved ones each year. He cares more than we can ever know.

As I spoke to one of the folks, I said that I knew it was hard. The reply was very telling. They said, "It is hard, but it is not hard, too." The meaning was clear. They would miss the father who died, but they knew he was in a much better place, because he was a sincere believer in Jesus as his Lord and Savior. What a blessing! I had to compare that in my mind to the last funeral I did myself, when I could not say the family would see their loved one again. It is the difference between daylight and darkness.

At the other funeral home I assured them of my prayers, and their response was equally as true, "We will need a bucket load of grace tomorrow and in the days ahead." God's grace is the main thing that supports us in those times of need, and the great thing is that we can count on it. He doesn't give us the grace ahead of time, and He is never late. However, God is always there on time with just the right supply of His grace for those who are depending on Him. It is one of the greatest comforts of life. We never need worry about what tomorrow may bring, because God's grace is sufficient.

Tomorrow, I intend to read Proverbs 25-26 and II Corinthians 9.

Popular Posts