The Vine and the Branches

There is no telling how many times I have read and studied John 15. It is the main Scriptural passage for Masterlife 1. It is the classic chapter on "abiding" in Christ. It contains so much truth for every day.

However, as I read it today, the truths struck me again. Without Jesus I can do nothing. With Jesus anything is possible. I must stay connected to the Vine. Then, He supplies all I need. What an analogy for all of us.

How many times have we said, "I can't?" We should realize that any time Jesus calls us to do something, we can do it, because He is our power. Why would we ever want to separate ourselves from Him at all?

I could never get tired of Jesus, but I will get very tired without Him.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 25-27 and John 16.

Popular Posts