A Glorious Time of Worship

This morning the Lord blessed us with a glorious time of worshiping Him. Jacque did a wonderful job selecting and arranging the music. The worship team did a marvelous job of leading us to the throne. God was able to take the songs and speak to our hearts in a personal way. It was a great blessing to me.

I was overcome with the words of the songs, as we sang about God's faithfulness and the healing He brings to us. I thought of how He took care of me through my injury, and He even reduced the pain this morning, so it did not effect my message. God's goodness flooded over my soul, and I was unable to sing. I was filled with gratitude and joy.

That is what worship is all about. We should get lost in our praise for the Lord through our singing. Our focus should be so much on Him that we do not notice anything else. Then, when He reaches down to touch our soul by His Holy Spirit, we are free to express our joy by singing or simply crying like I did today. God understands the words or the tears, if they come from our hearts. We should strive to show up for worship with hearts prepared to seek Him. Then, we should give Him all of our praise and thanks, because He is worthy. Finally, we respond to what He says to us in genuine emotion and action. Always remember, worship takes work. It is a verb. The more energy we put into it, the more we get out of it.

Tomorrow, Iintend to read II Chronicles 15-16 and John 12:27-50.

Popular Posts