Growing in the Lord

I went to the jail to make my visits today, since I could not go on Wednesday this week. We are going to the airport to pick up Lori, Jeff, Kade, and Avenly tomorrow afternoon. The Lord worked it out so that I could drop off some Bible study books for a new man that I just found out was there. I visited with him some, and he was very appreciative. I believe the Lord is going to help him grow through those books. Please, help me to pray for him.

Then, I visited the other 3 men that I have been seeing the last several weeks. All of them were doing well. I continue to be amazed at how they are growing in the Lord. One of the men is married, and one has a girlfriend. Remember, that I told you he wants to get married when he gets out, which is a praise. Today, the married man told me that he had begun to pray with his wife over the phone every night. The man with the girlfriend is doing the same thing. They are doing this even though some of the other men make fun of them. They are even taking turns with the man leading one night and the lady leading the next night. What a blessing.

Now, isn't that what I have told people for years? Isn't that a great practice for any couple? Alright, how many of us do that every night? Here are two men who have grown more in jail than many people who are free. I pray that they will keep it up when they get out, and I pray that we all will be consistent as we should be.

Tomorrow, I intend to read II Chronicles 19-20 and John 13:21-38.

Popular Posts